Rawac Plating Company, a division of Kreider Corporation, was established in 1943 and was purchased by current ownership in 1970. Rawac offers environmentally friendly trivalent zinc plating in yellow and clear with optional sealing capabilities, as well as selections in zinc phosphate and oil. Zinc plating is used in a wide variety of industries to serve multiple purposes such as:
- Corrosion protection
- Wearability improvement
- Friction reduction
- Improved paint adhesion
- Enhanced aesthetic appeal
Rawac can support any lot size from prototypes to volume production. Every job is tested and inspected to customer specifications. Lead times are quoted on a job-by-job basis, as they can vary depending on volume and application. Emergency and rush services are supported as needed, and our facility holds the latest ISO certification.
- Barrel zinc plating
- Rawac utilizes automated barrel lines to apply plating on smaller, durable parts such as stampings and fasteners. Barrel plating is often more cost effective for plating in higher volumes and comes with the added benefit of self-tumbling that can have a deburring effect on stamped or machined parts with sharper edges. Barrel plating is typically used on smaller parts that will not damage one another while tumbling.
- Rack zinc plating
- The automated rack plating line at Rawac is used for delicate parts that might be damaged by the tumbling and cascading of parts in barrels. This is also the ideal solution for plating larger parts or parts with intricate shapes and deep contours. The rack line at Rawac will accommodate parts up to 18” X 38”.
- Zinc phosphate and oil
- Rawac also offers zinc phosphate coating, applied by immersion, which is mainly used for corrosion and wear protection and for surface preparation for future coating or painting. Oil may also be applied for additional corrosion protection and added lubricity for threaded components and wear resistance. Finish will typically be dark gray or black.
Rawac plated parts can be found in numerous applications all over the US, Mexico, and Canada. As part of our plating service, Rawac also provides stripping, deburring, and regional delivery services.
- Agricultural and farming
- Auto, truck, and transportation
- Building and construction
- Consumer goods
- Heavy equipment
- Home furnishings
- Lawn and garden