What is Plastisol?
Plastisol is a suspension of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or other polymers, kept in liquid form at room temperatures during application. When cured, plastisol solidifies into a flexible solid, providing a protective, flexible, plastic coating or slip on plastic covers or plastic products. Kreider offers plastisol dip coating and plastisol dip molding to support the product or coating application. Both coating and molding processes result in finished products that will endure extreme environmental conditions.
Plastisol coating provides a level of protection that powder coat, paint, and other finishes cannot offer alone. Some main benefits include:
- Injuries resulting from handling
- Temperature extremes
- Mildew and fungus growth
- UV damage
- Product damage during shipping and handling
- Chemicals, acids, oils, and gases
- Abrasion, scuffing, and marking
- Insulation against electricity and static
- Noise/vibration dampening
Plastisol molded products are used as protective covers for shipping and handling, plastic sleeves, caps, slip-on handle covers, small plastic containers, and many other applications.
Our plastisol services come with a variety of customization options, such as:
- Stock color selections and pantone color matching
- Added texture for improved gripping
- Mildew inhibitors
- Various levels of hardness or thickness
A wide range of industries take advantage of our plastisol coating services. Here are just a few:
- Commercial appliance manufacturing
- Automotive manufacturing
- Electrical utilities
- Heavy equipment
- Industrial tooling manufacturing
- Lawn and garden equipment manufacturing
Contact us to learn more or request a free quote here.